|Job Title:||Quality System Assurance Manager|
• A Degree or Diploma in Naval Architecture/Marine Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motor ship), or its equivalent.
• Certified welding inspector.
• Minimum American Society for Nondestructive Testing Nondestructive Testing (ASNT NT) Level III in Ultrasonic Testing (UT) & Radiographic Test (RT)
• Lead Auditor Course for QMS, EMS & Occupational Health and Safety.
• Strong Offshore & Industrial Engineering experience, specifically related to offshore fabrication project works like topside, jackets, wellhead etc.)
• Preferably worked with global and multi-national clients/owners like Shell, Chevron, BP etc.
Job Specific Competencies
1. Company-Core Values
2. Commitment to Health, Safety and Environment
3. Verbal and Written Communication Skills
4. Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office/Excel/ Power point)
5. Knowledge of shipyard operations
6. Leadership skills
7. Project Management
8. Mentoring and Coaching
9. Basics of Magnetic Particle Test (MT), Penetrant Test (PT), Ultrasonic Test (UT) and Radiographic Film Interpretation (RFI) and awareness.
10. Review of Manufacturer Test Certificate
11. Welding Inspection - Certification Scheme for Welding Inspection (CSWIP) or equivalent
12. American Society for Nondestructive Test, Nondestructive Test (ASNT NT) Level Ill in Ultrasonic Test (UT) & Radiographic (RT), Penetrant Test (PT), Magnetic Particle Test (MT).
13. Knowledge of new construction and repair of marine and offshore
14. Knowledge of welding technology
15. Review of Welding Procedure Specification (WPS)
16. Review of Project Quality Plan
17. International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 45001 Lead Auditor
18. International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 14001 Lead Auditor
19. International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001 lead Auditor
20. Integrated Management System (IMS) Internal Auditor (Or Lead Auditor in 9001, 14001 & 45001)
21. American Petroleum Institute (API) 01 Awareness
22. Integrated Management System (IMS), Awareness
23. Knowledge of business processes, disciplines and standards
24. Knowledge of Quality Assurance and System Metrics
25. Problem Solving and Analytical Thinking
26. Have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
27. Strong knowledge of QA Audit Techniques and strong experience in performing Quality Audits.
28. Knowledge and experience of Supplier Quality Assurance
29. Knowledge in Management System Standard and product standards and codes.
|Experience:||Minimum 15 years of experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control with 3 years at managerial position|
- Job Summary and Purpose
The QSA Manager provides overall quality leadership in the Shipyard & consults with Operations to set & embed the strategy regarding both Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC). Importantly, the QSA Manager enables a seamless and collaborative relationships between Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) for the benefit of supporting Operations. The focus of this job is on embedding quality early on in core business process, and throughout, to enable the delivery of products and services as per the project requirements that are free from defects.
Accountable to lead a team of subject Matter Experts (SME's) that are responsible to work with Operations to ensure defect detection and elimination for the processes executed both in workshop fabrication and the installation & maintenance work on board vessels. Provides guidance to Quality Systems and Assurance (QA) personnel to facilitate the maintenance and improvement the of the Integrated Management System (IMS), policies, procedures, audits etc. Furthermore, the QSA Manager is ultimately accountable for availability of applicable Technical Training, Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) and Qualified Welders & Non-Destructive Testing to evaluate the quality properties of material, components or systems. The QSA Manager must have technical ability to mitigate issues out of welding procedures & processes, coupled with the ability to influence clients & manage the project quality process & standards.
1. Develops and implements effective programs, procedures, processes, goals, and methods to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, corporate quality policies, and applicable industry quality standards.
2. Consolidates, analyzes, and reports key quality metrics on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement;
3. Leads the management team in the review of the organization quality metrics and used problem solving techniques to identify, implement and correct/prevent actions.
4. Establishes and maintains quality assurance programmers for major repairs, conversion and new building jobs.
5. Maintains facility Integrated Management System (IMS) certification. Ensure or conduct necessary training, audits, and document reviews to achieve zero findings at all certification audits.
6. Identifies, conducts and implements the training and qualification in accordance with personnel qualification and certification programme.
7. Leads Quality Management Review Meetings, providing the necessary analysis, evaluation and recommendations for recurrent quality issues monitor performance to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
8. Leads the organization in the Quality initiatives through participating the weekly yard walkthrough to establish best practices within the organization.
9. Ensures that inspections are carried with respect to project specifications and standard code requirements.
10. Ensures that the CAPEX for section are within the approved budget to support the organization's cost rationalization objectives.
11. Reviews the Integrated Management System (IMS), Work Instructions (WI), Integrated Hazard Analysis (IHA), Risk Assessment (RA) and Aspect — Impact Register on regular basis.
12. Identifies, communicate, implement and evaluate the Individual Developmental Plans of his/her subordinates to ensure continuous workforce capability building.
13. Performs any other assigned duties and responsibilities.Apply Now