|Job Title:||HSSEQ Superintendent|
Bachelor's Degree in Marine Engineering, or any equivalent degree in a Maritime/ shipping discipline.
Job Specific Skills:
• Excellent English language skills—written and oral.
• Good communications skills both oral and written.
• Ability to identify problems and provide effective solutions.
• Service and quality oriented.
• Excellent knowledge of various computer programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Acrobat etc.).
|Experience:||8 years of relevant experience in Occupational Health & Safety, with at least four years in oil and gas shipping industry. • Extensive knowledge and experience in Environmental Management systems and ISO/ ISPS / TMSA / HSSEQ audits.|
Ensure that the Safety Management System is maintained up to date, and ensure the safe operations / practices on the
vessels that meet the Flag State regulations, legislations and Company requirements. As well as ensure the security of
vessels by keeping abreast of security issues, intelligence, compliance with procedures, advising vessels on development and counter strategies.
In addition to the above, the role is responsible to develop, update and implement Company Management System for continuous improvement in line with the shipping industry requirements and the best practices.
1. Implement the Company Management System for Continuous Improvement in line with the marine and shipping
industry requirements, as well as the best practices.
2. Implement the Company International Quality System Standards, and maintain the policies and procedures for
Quality and Environment certification (ISO 9001, 14001, 0I-ISAS 18001).
3. Maintain Company ISM to ensure that the updates are promptly made, using the Company `SMS Update System' and
within the 'Management of Change' process.
4. Maintain up to date Company HSE monitoring system to ensure full adherence to the set due dates.
5. Supervise the Company HSSEQ management system to ensure continuous improvement.
6. Establish a system to ensure that company is aware of the latest FISSEQ regulations and legislations and provide
analysis of impact of such on Company operations.
7. Steward Company SMS to ensure compliance and certification for ISM and ISPS codes.
8. Steward the re-issuance of the updated SMS in a timely manner, to ensure that the fleet is kept fully abreast of
latest Company requirements.
Vessel Security & Safety:
9. Deputize Designated Person Ashore as required by the International Safety Management (SMS) code, and alternate
the Company Security Officer as required by the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code.
10, Develop and implement the Company Security procedures for Company fleet vessels.
11. Develop the Company Emergency response procedures, as a member of the crisis management team, and ensure
that the emergency response center is always updated and ready to use.
12. Plan, organize and execute the Company emergency response exercises/ drills in accordance with emergency
response procedures to ensure preparedness to respond to any emergency.
4 - Accountabilities
Monitoring, Audits and Compliances:
13. Conduct Internal ISM and ISPS Audits on company managed vessels, and ensure all observations and non-
conformances are promptly addressed and closed out.
Quality, Health, Safety, It Environment (QHSE):
14. Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that company provides a safe, world
class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes ft Procedures:
15. Implement approved divisional policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates to ensure
their proper implementation.
16. Organize and maintain Company circulars, and ensure that they are distributed to the vessels in a timely manner.
17. Maintain and update Company KPI sheet and scorecard.
18. Implement, participate and follow-up on training of Company employees on the SMS.
19. Establish a lit for purpose publications and reference materials to keep up to date with requirements of rules,
regulations and legislations.
20. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.Apply Now