|Job Title:||Senior Electrician|
A-Primary Education, Trade Skills Course, or relevant supervisory experience. Or equivalent
1. Practical & Theoretical Knowledge in AC and DC Voltages
|Department:||Marine/Oil & Gas/Off shore|
|Experience:||• Experience in troubleshooting for electrical solutions in Shipyards or related Marine industry. • Experience in reading and executing diagrams • Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in the industry.|
This is a Senior tradesman industrial worker job, responsible for carrying out electrical tasks assigned in accordance with the relevant instructions and specifications within one of the following areas of Electrical Workshop, Electrical Projects, Electrical Automation, Electrical Alignment or Electrical HVAC. All work is executed to a high quality & auditable standard that is consistent with the companies integrated management systems and policies. As a group leader tradesman, a higher level of trade skill and experience is demanded and is expected to be demonstrably applied to technical problems and mentoring of trades and employees. This job may be called upon as a leading hand or senior tradesman that is required to provide team guidance among less senior tradesman.
Empower & Nurture Talent
Collaboration & Teamwork
To ensure target production throughput rate or objectives are safely executed by team in line with Section Plan, KPI’s,Values and IMS system. Adhere to health, safety, security and environmental policies, procedures, instructions and controls for the safety of self and others.
1. Read general arrangement and drawings, work orders and production schedules to determine product or job instructions and specifications.
2. Perform all electrical & instrumentation works such as motor generators Items dismantling, overhauling and testing onboard the vessels.
3. Align and adjust electrical and electronic equipment using dial gauges and laser tool alignment to determine the effect of and correct the angular misalignment on parallel alignment readings.
4. Test, balance and rewind motors, fans, housing and impellers.
5. Repair motor starters, controllers, water blasting and baking dry engines.
6. Renew electric wiring for lighting, electric driven machinery, intercom and rewiring of switchboards.
7. Apply skills and knowledge and ability to ensure target production throughput rate or objectives are safely executed by team in line with Section Plan, KPIs, Values and IMS system
8. Coach the team on technical and work behaviors consistent with company values and work within company policies, standards, procedures and any legislative requirements.
9. Monitor work within team to ensure minimization of re-work and waste
10. Adhere to health, safety, security and environmental policies, procedures, instructions and controls for the safety of self and others.