- Write copies and prepare layouts for all advertisements, banners, greetings, condolences etc. for local and international newspapers, magazines and publications.
- Build and sustain effective working relationships with government departments and agencies, media, stakeholders, and Q-companies (i.e. Qatar Petroleum, Qatargas, etc.) to support company objectives and help meet communications needs.
- Organize and manage all COMPANY and Joint Ventures’ events including Ras Laffan Industrial City visits.
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of the Events to ensure that services are provided efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure proper delivery of COMPANY events, and takes appropriate proactive and reactive measure in case of deviations from set plans.
- Establish COMPANY’s calendar of events through liaising with key stakeholders while ensuring compliance with pre-set budget and branding guidelines.
- Build and maintain good relationships and external contact at national and international levels with peer companies such as Qatar Petroleum, QG, and other Qatari companies in addition to conferences’ planning & management organizations.
- Inspect event facilities when applicable, to ensure that they reflect customer requirements and event goals.
- Lead the negotiation of contracts with major vendors that are being dealt with from an events’ management perspective.
- Manage the relationship with external event management agencies for the delivery of events, if required, and monitor their performance and take necessary actions.
- Research and execute events in a creative and different ways to raise COMPANY’s exposure.
- Consult with relevant internal and external parties to determine objectives and requirements of the different events to align event plans with those requirements.
People & Resource Management:
- Manage section staff by overseeing their performance management, recruitment, training and development to ensure high levels of engagement and competence.
- Plan the provision of all needed resources to support events, including venue, caterer, equipment, presentations, printed materials, promotional items, staff uniforms, security, etc.
Safety, Health, Environment, & Quality (SHEQ):
- Ensure compliance to all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures and controls across the section, to ensure that COMPANY provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Budgets and Plans:
- Contribute to the development of the PR department budget, through setting the Communications section budget, and monitor its expenditure, while ensuring the optimal utilization of all available resources to protect COMPANY interest.