|Job Title:||Sr. Database Administrator 2|
|Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Department:||oil and gas|
|Experience:||At least 6 years of IT audit experience|
The Senior Database Administrator (DBA) will work with IT teams including, but not limited to, Computing Infrastructure, Reporting and Analytics, Clinical Informatics, as well as operational business units to develop an understanding of data and information needs, identify solutions and improve the quality of service while providing support through the logical and physical design of databases. The Sr. DBA will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the company databases and guarantee the data is stored securely and efficiently. Develop information/database architecture vision including major solution components, high level baseline and target architecture and support in the solution development as Sr. DBA on how to best leverage the database architecture, standards, best practices, assets and frameworks.
1. Install, design and maintain database system software and implement database security.
Ensure successful database backups and report any unexpected events. Investigate and diagnose database related issues and participate in problem management brain-storming.
Identify configuration gaps/deficiencies, and propose & implement the changes to ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes.
Capacity planning and management across database environment, and automate the repetitive maintenance tasks.
3. Maintain database dictionaries and support tools; develop and maintain accurate system documentation.
Accountable for database architecture roadmap and define migration strategy and determine the implementation approach.
4. Participate in the development and maintenance of strategic, architectural and tactical plans for the database and data warehouse environments; be conversant with, and cognizant of, the future direction of systems, how that direction impacts the company and how future and current database systems can be exploited for the company’s benefit.
5. Provide technical leadership on database systems and solutions. Provide individual mentoring and training on databases and tools. Recommend, test, and evaluate new technologies, software tools, and required skill sets; recommend and implement improvements.
6. Implement Business Continuity solutions for the database environment, including the installation and configuration of database software and replication processes.
7. Set and maintain database standards
Responsible for development of enterprise database principles, guidelines, standards and frameworks.
8. Assist in query development and tuning;
9. Support and monitor ETL processes and infrastructure using technologies such as SQL Agent, SSIS, SAP SDI/SDA and Oracle Data Integrator
10. Other duties as assigned.Apply Now