|Job Title:||Pipe Welder|
Primary education; Able to read and communicate in simple English language. Minimum certification / qualification in welding activities in either 1G/2G/5G or 6G positlons in manual metal arc welding process.
|Department:||oil and gas|
|Experience:||At least 6 months of relevant working experience in a related industry or shipyard • Or. Minimum 3 months of hands-on training in welding|
No of Postions: 75+ Duration: Short term Must have ship repair experience.
1) Commitment to NKOM Core Values
2) Knowledge of Shipyard Operations
3) Verbal Communication Skills
1) Knowledge of welding machines and welding processes.
2) Knowledge of welding polarities & welding consumables.
3) Knowledge of welding consumable handling.
4) Knowledge of hazards associated with welding fumes, arc and electric shock.
Level 2 Competencies
1) Knowledge welding procedure specification
2) . Knowledqe of welding defects
3) Knowledge of causes of welding defects.
4) Basic knowledge of drawings or blueprints.
1) Ensures compliance to all work instructions and procedures in accordance with the IMS.
2) Attends tool box talks and other section requirements.
3) Performs pipe fit up and fabrication in accordance with the construction standards.
4) Maintains and upkeeps housekeeping in the work location as per yard safety standards.
5) Accepts ..~dditional training in weldi~g positions, metals (Aluminurn.. high tensile steel. pipes, creep resistance steel pipes, copper-nickel etc.) and processes (e.g. GTAW, FACW, GMAW, SAW, GTAW- Orbital, brazing, gas welding etc.) to contribute positively to the success of department and the growth of Company.
6) Performs other assigned duties and responsibilities.Apply Now