|Job Title:||Corrosion Engineering Specialist|
Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy, or Material science and Engineering or equivalent.
|Department:||oil and gas|
|Experience:||8 years' experience in corrosion control and mitigation within the oil/gas production industry including design and development of projects covering: chemical treatment, corrosion monitoring, protective coatings, cathodic protection, sour service material selection, industrial water treatment, degradation mechanisms, painting/coating and failure analysis|
Frequent visit of OFFSHORE facility, 8 years' experience in corrosion control and mitigation within the
oil/gas production industry including design and development of
projects covering: chemical treatment, corrosion monitoring,
protective coatings, cathodic protection, sour service material
selection, industrial water treatment, degradation mechanisms,
painting/coating and failure analysis
? Experience with corrosion systems and in plant facilities with sour
feed gas, wet pipeline operation, and plant exposure to marine
? Working knowledge of national and local codes, Company standards,
statutory regulations, fabrication and repair methods, welding, NDT
and QA techniques.
1. Reviews material and design requirements of new projects and modifications including the design requirement and monitoring criteria for Cathodic Protection System and submits recommendations to supervisor.
2. Conducts corrosion monitoring and prevention activities and corrosion investigation. Includes monitoring Integrity Operating Windows affecting corrosion and equipment life and advising Operational suitability.
3. Participates in Chemical selection & review the test reports for corrosion prevention in pipelines and process plants.
4. Ensure coating condition survey are performed and review priority notifications for inspection evaluation.
5. Develops painting/coating requirements for pipelines, structures, equipment and tanks and gives recommendations to supervisor about selection of systems and procedures for proper quality control. Ensure paint quality inspection performed by inspectors.
6. Perform as the technical expert in the field of corrosion engineering, provide direct and indirect advice to multiple parties within Qatargas in the field of corrosion engineering.
7. Interface with and act as a technical representative for Qatargas on corrosion related matters with outside organizations (i.e. shareholders, vendors, other corrosion consultants).
8. Develop new and maintain existing corrosion and integrity related procedures, processes, standards, and best practices as needed in order to maintain compliance with regulatory standards or improve the effectiveness and efficiency of corrosion mitigation. Assess regional corrosion control programs to determine company wide consistency to policies, practices and procedures.
9. Develop, implement, and steward corrosion engineering programs for company facilities including offshore platforms, pipelines, onshore process facilities, condensate refinery, storage facilities, export and loading facilities and ensure that company utilizes cost effective corrosion control and monitoring equipment.
10. Review/ analyse corrosion engineering reports, test results, failure investigations etc. and provide recommendations for corrective measures or actions to restore