|Job Title:||Instrument / F&G Engineering Specialist|
|Department:||oil and gas|
|Experience:||8 years’ experience in an oil and gas environment •Full knowledge of SIL requirements, Certification as Functional Safety Engineer preferable. •Experience on SIL calculation software tools like ExSILentia, ISOGRAPH is advantageous.|
? Expected to have subject matter expert knowledge on wide range of
Instrumentation and F&G systems to identify the plant engineering
issues, recommend and implement solutions, take lead role in
providing higher-level technical assistance to Maintenance teams and
recommend changes to improve performance.
? Shall have good working level knowledge on Control Systems like DCS,
PLCs, ESD/F&G systems and Analyzers and Metering systems.
? Shall have full knowledge of relevant international standards, industry
best practices and have very good exposure to latest trends in the field
? Shall have capability of acting as Technical Authority in discipline area
with ability to ensure company policies, procedures and specifications
are inline with International standards and industry best practice.
? Shall have full understanding of Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Assessment
and Verification techniques, procedure and process.
Shall exhibit very strong team working skills with the ability to interact
with various Departments, Stakeholders and Teams of the company.
1. Provide support for the Asset Instrument Maintenance team for trouble shooting and root cause failure analysis of field instruments like transmitters, Control/ ON-OFF valves, F&G detectors of major manufacturers in Oil and gas industry.
2. Conduct feasibility studies of instrumentation and F&G modifications for a cost effective solutions to address issues like frequent failures, obsolescence, and new technology upgrades etc.
3. Provide Instrumentation-engineering support for minor and major projects; Carry out review of project drawings, design specifications, data sheets and documents.
4. Participate in SIL workshops and provide instrument SME support for SIL assessment and verification of SIF of various assets.
5. Prepare engineering package for minor instrumentation, F&G in house modifications and provide execution support to Maintenance.
6. Analyse and review instrument maintenance history; recommend preventative maintenance requirements and equipment strategies for reliable instrument functions.
7. Coordinate with instrument vendors and suppliers to get updated on state-of-the-art developments in the instrument engineering discipline for the benefit of company operations.
8. Ensure specialist support related to DCS, PLCs, ESD/F&G Systems, Anti Surge Control Systems, Metering Systems, and Turbine/Compressor Control Systems for department.
9. Review and understands international (IEEE, IEC, AGA, ISA etc.) standards and Company instrumentation specifications; carries out instrumentation sizing calculation and able to use related software tools like CONVAL, InstruCal etc.